Thursday, April 17, 2008

Standing In The Need Of Prayer


Well Carter is growing up-too fast. Seen below was his progress to date...


7 months: sitting unassisted for long periods of time; pulled to standing-hoping it was a fluke we began removing anything he could pull up on....


7 1/2 months: As of March 26th at a friend's b-day party he progressed from carpet swimming to army crawling everywhere. My friend Amanda says it has to be the peer pressure from all the other babies flaunting their crawling abilities...


7 months, 3 weeks: Now can crawl on all fours but prefers the army crawl. After that, the nightmare began: fever, irritability: double ear infections- treated with a new antibiotic about every 5 days when it would stop working. The side effects were diareah and vomiting and yeast infection and many tears, and loads of laundry on my part. Also the borrowing of a steam cleaner-yes it was really, really bad.


7 months, 3 weeks: That illusive bottom tooth came thru. It had been lurking near the surface since 6 months. He is the now proud owner of 7 sharp teeth. He likes testing them out when eating food by grinding them (sqeak, squeak) after each bite.


7 months, weeks 3-4: Mommy felt like poop because I got back to back mastitis. I lovingly refer to it as the red streaked boob of death...if you have had it you know what I mean.


8 months: Pulls to standing on anything. oh and he crawls really fast. When he knows I am chasing him down, he looks, giggles and speeds up. So much for reading a book next to happily sitting still baby!!!




1 comment:

The Purtle's said...

I'm thinking that picture is very scrapbook worthy!! hint, hint! :)